Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Traveling Author~

Hello all, pardon my absence once again, but I have good reason!  You see, I am moving tomorrow, and not just across town, across state, or across country.  For those who do not follow my personal sites, I am moving to Japan for a year or more to start my first post-grad job in teaching English. Yay money! Boo interrupting writing time!

First, though, did y'all see me in the newspaper? That's right, that article I interviewed for in January made its appearance in the Port Orford News last week! Sadly, I do not have a scanner, nor is the paper online, so Ican't share it with you.  I'd take a picture, but I've already packed up my camera! Oh well. Just take my word on it ;)

Editing has begun on CROSS//Rebirth.  A new version of chapter one is up.  Not too many changes so it's not necessary to download it again if you've already read it - just some typos and cleaning up a few sentences.  Chapter 2 is where the real editing begins. 


To be honest, I am rather excited about traveling this week!  You see, I am working on a short story compilation that revolves around airports, including topping off one that I've been working on for about a month now.  I am hoping to use my five hour layover in Vancouver to work on it.  Its current title is "Men in Uniform", and about halfway through it took a different direction that I intended, but I always consider that a good thing!  Keeps it fresh for myself, ha.  I'm hoping to complete it before I board the plane for Tokyo!


So next time you hear from me, readers, I will be in and hopefully settled in my new home in Japan.  I will definitely be keeping my eye out for new writing/reading spots and hopefully can be inspired on my current (and new) works there.  Environment is very important to me when I write so I'm sure there will be a big entry on that when I start finding some places.


Wish me luck, guys.  Actually, the thing I'm worried about the most is making all my flights! So wish me luck on that! ^_^

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I love Japan. Hope you have a fabulous time :) You'll probably find more writing inspiration there! :D

    What city are you living in??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks. This will actually be my third time living there so it's fairly familiar.

    I can't remember the name of the town but it's in Gifu right outside of Nagoya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to say that this is the most positive post anywhere that I've seen from you since I met you, and I couldn't be happier. :)

    I hope things go well, and I'm secretly incredibly jealous that you're going to live in Japan. I would love to live abroad right now. New Jersey isn't going to cut it, I think. :P

    Have a safe flight! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! I always try to reply to comments, but I mostly do so in my blog here - so if you'd like to know of any replies I give you, be sure to subscribe to the post by email!