Friday, July 16, 2010

Hey, you can't force greatness. Just let me exude it naturally.

I write so well I do it with one hand.
As you may or may not have noticed (probably not, because let's face it, I'm not ~famous~) I disappeared once again.  Oops.  Well, I really do have a fantastic reason for that.  Two, actually.  The first is that the last time you saw me I was in the middle of my senior year of university.  You know what that means, right?

Thesis.

And that blows.

All of my creative writing energy went to that bastard child with academia.  It was 30 pages of pure bullpocky about something I really do care about, but not really, but I had to convince my advisers of that, but I like using conjunctions.  Thankfully that whole SCHOOL thing is over with now, having just graduated this past May, leaving me time to get back to things I care about?

But wait!  What was the other thing?  And hasn't it been over two months since I graduated?  What's been keeping me?!

The second thing was, bluntly, my mental health.  She hasn't been doing so well these past couple of years - too much stress, too many disappointments, and too many idiots.  I finally snapped and had to back away from everything, pretty much.  Yes, even writing.  Because I can't write very well when my brain is a clusterfackle of emotion, thank you very much.  I take that out on music.

 
Not to say I haven't done any writing at all.  On the contrary!  I managed to finish the first half of the Key of Nixey's rewrite, which is now up for reading at my LiveJournal equivalent.   I am also almost finished with the first draft of CROSS//Rebirth.  Not too shabby.  Also, if you haven't noticed, I am writing in my *gasp* writing blog again.  This comes with a few other changes - namely that I've cut back on a couple other blog copies.  As of now, the Blogspot version of MoaPA is the "official" blog.  The only other one that will be updated is the LiveJournal one.  So, pick your poison:

http://hildredbillings.blogspot.com

or

http://hildred.livejournal.com

Or add both! I like to feel popular!  And loved.  It would help my mental health a lot! You know you want to!

Don't worry, legions of fans, I will continue to update.  I have at least FIVE ideas already for future posts!  That's at least five more entries you can look forward to reading in the coming days!  Isn't that awesome.

Also, if you can't tell, the tone off these journals will take a bit of a turn.  Before I tried to sound a little smart.  You know, legit.  Screw that.  This is my personality, and this is WHO I AM I AM WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR.

I typed that with the most piss-ass smile on my face.  I suck at roaring.

I...I'm gonna go now.  SEE YOU TOMORROW, PROBABLY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! I always try to reply to comments, but I mostly do so in my blog here - so if you'd like to know of any replies I give you, be sure to subscribe to the post by email!