Monday, May 28, 2012

Two Blog Hops of Note: One Ongoing and one Next Month!

Hey all! Finally getting back into the Blogger writing world with a couple of blog hops. The first one to mention is Vicki Orian's "BE INSPIRED" bloghop going on now (I do believe). The point is to answer ten questions about the origins of any book you're working on and then tag 5 more people to answer them. So, more of a meme, but should be fun for a spell anyway!

"Answer the following ten questions. Then, tag five people to answer the questions. (You can use the same ones, or make up your own. Just remember - they all have to be about the writer's book!)"

1. What is the name of your book?

CROSS//Rebirth

2. Where did the idea for your book come from?
From a dream I had back in 2007. The best dreams.

3. In what genre would you classify your book?
Urban fantasy. (With healthy doses of science-fiction.)

4. If you had to pick actors to play your characters in a movie rendition, who would you choose?
I...I have no idea. I really don't think about this. I really wouldn't want this being turned into a live-action movie. It would turn out absolutely HORRIBLE oh dear god the CGI.

5. Give us a one-sentence synopsis of your book.
Sorcerer killing everyone in the universe; couple kids reborn a few dozen times and bitter about it - with t3h ghey.

6. Is your book already published/represented?
No. Slated for 2013.

7. How long did it take you to write your book?




First draft was completed in 2011. Took a few month break to work on other novels and picked up edits in late 2011. Currently doing the last full-draft edit before sending it off to betas.

8. What other books within your genre would you compare it to? Or, readers of which books would enjoy yours?

I really have no idea. It's not THAT ORIGINAL to not be compared to anything else, but I've personally never read much else like it.

9. Which authors inspired you to write this book?
Nobody, really. I've been writing for a couple decades now so I just go off my own ideas and have my own writing style pretty much down.

10. Tell us anything that might pique our interest in your book.
LESBIANS. Let's be real that's pretty much the making or breaking point for most potential readers out there. Yay society.

Oh let's see. I should tag five people eh. Hmmm~

- Carrie Butler
- Susan Roebuck
- Will Halford
- JA Bennett
- Susan Francino


-----

Next it's time to plug the Girl's Just Wanna Have Fun Bloghop on June 22nd, hosted by Jaycee Delorenzo and Victoria Smith. Premise is to write a ~chat~ between two female characters from your book while answering the questions provided. Basically, they're all about t3h boyz and dating them or something. So I HAD to sign up since, if anyone's been paying attention at home, LOL LESBIANS. What better chance to write some cynical / bitter conversations than with a couple lady-loving-ladies. I know you're looking forward to it. BECAUSE I AM.

And now Cyndi Lauper is stuck in my head. Fantastic.

2 comments:

  1. Oo, I like this meme. Thanks for tagging me, Hildred!

    P.S. Your one-sentence synopsis killed me. :D Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for participating! Your story sounds great. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! I always try to reply to comments, but I mostly do so in my blog here - so if you'd like to know of any replies I give you, be sure to subscribe to the post by email!