Sunday, October 14, 2012

Weekly Writing Check-In: The Coming of Nanowrimo, and My Lethargy

NaNoWriMo is upon us. In fact, it's about half a month away. Normally at this time of year I'm jumping around all excited like, but this year I'm just not feeling it. Maybe it's because I already write ~50k a month so the "need" for nano is gone. Maybe it's because I'm just BUSY, man. I've got another book AND a short story coming out in November! And you want me to whatta? If it was Camp, I'd probably just forget it, but it's like, real Nano. Lawd.

I have no idea what I'm going to do for Nano. I should be working on just anything from Ren'Ai Rensai, but traditionally I've always worked on CROSS//. I just don't know if I have time this year. I'll probably end up doing a hodge podge of things and just hope it adds up to 50k.

At least my region seems to be a little active, with hopes of a meet up. Thus far though I'm the only "author" author there, and they're asking me about what I publish. Uh. Hmmmm. ;) (You may vaguely remember me being the ML of my area, except for last year when I lived in Japan. Well, it's not happening this year. Simply because I missed the sign up which happened in JULY for some odd reason. And I never received any notice about it. Yay!)

As for my other writing ventures, Book 2 of Ren'Ai Rensai goes off to editing this week, and I'm chugging along on the first drafts of many other things, including Book 3 and a couple short stories coming out by the end of the year. Phew. I'm a busy woman!

What's up with everyone out there in Blogger land? Gonna do Nanowrimo?

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying NaNo again this year, while juggling PhD applications too. woo! I'll mainly be flying by the seat of my pants at this rate because I don't see a serious outline materializing between now and November 1.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! I always try to reply to comments, but I mostly do so in my blog here - so if you'd like to know of any replies I give you, be sure to subscribe to the post by email!