Friday, April 26, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: "Hyrule Historia," by Shigeru Miyamoto

The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule HistoriaThe Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia by Shigeru Miyamoto
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

As a huge Legend of Zelda fan, I had to grab a copy of this for myself one day. Sooner rather than later, I found a copy at the local bookstore and treated myself!

Although I had seen many of the scans before, I must admit that they pale to having the real thing. The sheer size of this coffee table book is enough to strike undying admiration in even the most casual Zelda fan. There are pages upon pages of never before seen character and scenery sketches, as well as a full explanation and outline of the confounding timeline. Although I already knew everything about the timeline, it was still a great trip down Nostalgia Street. The biggest surprise for me was the Skyward Sword manga at the back by the notable Akira Himekawa. Somehow this had gone under my radar. LOVED it. As always Himekawa's art is top notch, and the story (which is a backstory to Skyward Sword) was everything a Zelda story should be: poignant, courageous, and hopeful.

I recommend this book to anyone who is even thinking about getting it. You won't regret it!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! I always try to reply to comments, but I mostly do so in my blog here - so if you'd like to know of any replies I give you, be sure to subscribe to the post by email!