Tuesday, April 9, 2013

GoFundMe Project - Send Me On a Trip to Tokyo to Create an Ebook!

Shibuya (Photo By Me)
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT TIME! I am both excited and absolutely PETRIFIED to announce that I have just kicked off a GoFundMe project to fund a trip to Tokyo this October and create an Ebook. And not just any Ebook. A Ren'Ai Rensai visual guide, complete with hand-picked photos showing off the inspirations of the series. Up on the docket? Ni-chome (both day and night,) Kita Ward, Minato Ward, and a myriad of other smaller places that make up the mark that is the Ren'Ai Rensai setting.

I have been itching to get back to Japan already, and I knew that the next time I went I would be creating this guide. It was originally going to be a surprise (surprised?!) but I realized...if I keep waiting to make enough money off of royalties and freelancing to go, I'll be waiting who knows how long! Thus I am both super excited about this crowdfunding project, and petrified. While on one hand GoFundMe lets me keep this open indefinitely and take out the money whenever I need, some things, like cheap airfare, are time sensitive. My current goal is $3000. Not impossible, but it could take a while to get there!

That's why I need YOU! to help me! Even if you can't donate any money (and every few dollars helps - once I reach $100, I will be searchable and available to feature on the GoFundMe site) I would really appreciate if you would blog, tweet, or share the link on Facebook. There are some great rewards, including complimentary copies of my Ren'Ai Rensai Ebooks,  so spread the word! More info can be found at the link above.

(Oh, and October is my birthday! So it would also bee a GREAT birthday present! ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! I always try to reply to comments, but I mostly do so in my blog here - so if you'd like to know of any replies I give you, be sure to subscribe to the post by email!