Monday, August 23, 2010

30 Days of Writing: #23

23. How long does it usu­ally take you to com­plete an entire story—from plan­ning to writ­ing to post­ing (if you post your work)?

Oh goodness, I'm still working on most of them.  When I was younger and wrote shorter, more succinct novels, it only took me about five months of working for about 1-2 hours after school every day to finish a novel.   The first draft of Nixey probably took about three years of work to complete.  Its successor took only two.  Thus far the final draft of Nixey is on its fourth or fifth year.  Life happens.

Meanwhile CROSS// is probably my longest set yet, and the first novel is taking three years this November.  Odds are I'll finish it by the end of this year.  Sweet.

I would love to finish everything sooner, but you know, as I said before, life happens because it's a snotty little bitch.  I just finished college, which took up a huge amount of my time.  Now I am trying to work full time.  Why do I do this to myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! I always try to reply to comments, but I mostly do so in my blog here - so if you'd like to know of any replies I give you, be sure to subscribe to the post by email!