Wednesday, November 30, 2011

NaNoWriMo 2011, Day 30: The End..cept not really.

It's officially December 1st here on my side of the Pacific, which means another Nanowrimo has come and gone. I'm quite proud of what has gone on this year in terms of my writing. Not only did I get to meet some great people sharing this common venture, but I blasted my old personal record. See my super hot stats below!

Total Words Written: 67,339
Average Per Day: 2,244
Pages: 125 (single spaced, 12pt TNR)

Absolutely nothing shabby about that - another chunk has been cut into CROSS//Revenge and I couldn't be happier. Well, I could be happier. I didn't get to write ANY naughty scenes within the entirety off November. Heck, two of the main characters never even interacted this year! (Although they will meet up again quite soon.) Actually, funny story - I've been ranting about no naughty scenes all month, and then the moment midnight hits two of my characters about to get it on. You will be all relieved to know that, yes, I just kept writing until I finished the scene. I earned it, damnit!

This draft is far from over. As a combination with last year's Nano, I have well over 120,000 words, and I feel like the first half of the novel is just now coming to a close. It's right on track to matching CROSS//Rebirth in length, which is surprising me since less actually happens in this story, heh. There are SO many secondary characters that I'm worried readers are going to get confused. Most of them pop up throughout the course of the book over and over, but you know, less is more~

I'm giving myself the rest of the week to keep writing. Don't know about next week yet since it's my business trip and writing is easier than editing during that. But I do need to get back to editing Rebirth if I want to stay on schedule for 2013 release.

Whew. This was the easiest Nano for me yet. It's amazing how much I can get done when I don't have homework!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! I always try to reply to comments, but I mostly do so in my blog here - so if you'd like to know of any replies I give you, be sure to subscribe to the post by email!