Saturday, November 12, 2011

NaNoWriMo 2011, Days 8-12: well oops.



Day #: 8-12

Words Written Today:
derpderpderp
Total Words Written: 34,034 (ahahaha)
Amount to 50k Goal: 15,966
Total # of Pages: 66
Total # of Gratuitous Sex Scenes: WHY DO I PROMISE MYSELF THESE THINGS D:
Drive: Renewed

Today's Hilarious Forum Topic: not today, sorry kids.

Woah, I disappeared for almost a whole week! Well, I didn't really "disappear". I was still "here". Kinda. Nanowrimo still happened in my life (as you can see from my *cough*impressive*cough* wordcount) but I wasn't able to blog about it because I was on my monthly business trip...and although I get internet at my hotel, my little computer just can't handle working on a 60 page document AND loading blogger crap. It just doesn't happen. And obviously the novel took precedence over blogging. Who knew!

But yes, I still managed to write 3k a day, which is quite a feat! Especially with the tiny slow as hell computer and - gasp - TV! So much Law & Order. So little time to read the Japanese subtitles and feel good about myself. (FUN FACT: the kanji for "cause of death" in Japanese is literally 'death problem". I had fun with that.) I did, however, take a nice and well deserved break with no writing at all today (Saturday). It's now Sunday though, but I'm counting "today" until I go to bed. Writing resumes tomorrow, right here with my big laptop and my cold as ice apartment.

In other news, I've downloaded the free trial of Scrivener and am giving it a whirl. Tried the tutorial but it's so boring I quit after ten minutes. I'll try again tomorrow when I'm actually not nodding off to sleep. I'm mostly interested in compiling the research materials - I have no need for a new processor and thus far am not impressed with how the "compiling" works. But I'm a stubborn woman who's been doing the same hat with Word(backwhenitwasWordpad) since 1999. It would take Scrivener moving a mountain to convince me to use it as a word processor.

And now, bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! I always try to reply to comments, but I mostly do so in my blog here - so if you'd like to know of any replies I give you, be sure to subscribe to the post by email!