Definitely signed up for this as the prompts look great! Not even that interested in the prizes but the prompts will be great exercises, and I've been looking for a good blogfest to join recently.
Here is the outline, copy-pasta'd for your reading pleasure~
February 6th - Monday: Characters on the couch: Have one of your characters answer the following questions (to make this work to your benefit, choose a character who is the hardest for you to write :) Max 250 words (Not including the questions—only the answers).
- What is your biggest vulnerability? Do others know this or is it a secret?
- What do people believe about you that is false?
- What would your best friend say is your fatal flaw? Why?
- What would the same friend say is your one redeeming quality? Why?
- What do you want most? What will you do to get it?
February 8th - Wednesday - Dialogue Introduction: Have two characters introduce each other using only dialogue—no backstory, no internalization, just dialogue between the two. Max 250 words.
Cassie and I decided to pick two winners for each day:
- From me: The Color Code by Taylor Hartman—this book is a fantastic study of personality. It’s simple, easy to follow, and will give you tons of insight into how different personalities interact. I use it all the time. I don't normally like non-fiction, but this is one of my favorites. See description here.
- From Cassie: Nightshade by Andrea Cremer. You can check out the description from Goodreads here. This book so far has been the only book to make me fall for both male leads. The characters' flaws and their strengths kept pulling me in two different directions the entire way through.
- From me: A query critique and first 20 page critique.
- From Cassie: A query critique and first 20 page critique.
- From me: A full manuscript critique.
- From Cassie: A full manuscript critique.