Sunday, June 24, 2012

Weekly Writing Check-In: Breaking Down Those Benchmarks

Hey everyone! Busy week here on my blog, eh. Well, busy week with writing in general. First is the little thing of me breaking past 50k last night in Camp Nanowrimo! Yay! I didn't even know it. I was taking words from different projects (more on that later) and apparently calculating wrong until I just sat down and did it last night and...surprise! 51k! (Plus whatever I wrote last night, lulz~) So yay.

What happened is that I was  working on CROSS//Process until I pretty much...didn't want to anymore. It happens. The subject matter is super happy, with lots of violence and abuse and general "ugh" that it was starting to get ot me to constantly think about and consider. Meanwhile, I had this great short story/novella idea set in the same universe and just went with it. I'm over halfway through with it already, and, depending on how things go, I may end up publishing it first before CROSS//Rebirth, mostly because I need to start publishing things and getting this underway! (The story isn't a fantasy, however. Just a queer romance / deconstruction of a 20 year long relationship. You know. Basics~)

Also, as you probably noticed, I wrote that short story on Friday in a record two hours, which I feel pretty accomplished about. I also managed to write an epic length hub these past two days and feel pretty accomplished about that - I'm also to 50 total and trying to think about what to write for the 50th one.

So, overall, I'm feeling pretty good on the writing front this week. Getting stuff done and making some good progress towards my bigger goals. Now, somebody please explain this to my parents? Yay good.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on all the progress. I aspire to be as prolific as you someday. I've been too bogged down with trying to raise awareness for my campaign and upcoming series that I haven't written anything in weeks! It's taken me 6 years to put the series together. Right now, I have this great idea for a short story prequel to the series, but haven't been able to find the time to write it. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it helps that I'm otherwise unemployed at the moment, so I've got loooots of hours to do this stuff. :) But ugh, when I start marketing, lots of my hours will go to that, so I empathize.

      Delete
  2. I'm pretty jealous of you hitting 50k already. I'm at 36k but still on track to hit 50k by the 30th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow congratulations on making it to the finish line. I am at 12K, but happy about that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have been busy! My head's spinning. I like the energy that flies off this post - could you bottle it, because I could do with some? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently I could use some too, because I have been a sleep slug aaaaall afternoon, ugh!

      Delete

Thank you for the comments! I always try to reply to comments, but I mostly do so in my blog here - so if you'd like to know of any replies I give you, be sure to subscribe to the post by email!