Sunday, December 30, 2012

Weekly Writing Check-In: More like the yearly check-in.

Good luck with this buddy.
Well, it's that time of year again. You know, the one when the year changes. To a different time. Of year. What?

Looking back on 2012, I'm not quite sure what to think. I completed another round of living in Japan and moved back to America...in to my old bedroom in my parents' house. I spent the past 8 months barely leaving the house (or getting dressed! Woo!) and writing a bunch of lesbian romance. BUT! I did publish that lesbian romance! I am officially a published author! I'm halfway to my dream! (Which is making a living off writing.) So there is that, for which I am very grateful.


I have a lot of aspirations for 2013, but of course there is the fear that none of it will happen. Since graduating university, I have been in this hell of not knowing where I'll be in a year or even six months. I don't like that. I like security. I like knowing everything will be (relatively) all right. I haven't had that sort of comfort in years, and I'd really like to get it back again.

Of course, my main aspiration for 2013 is to make a living off my writing. By "living" I would be ecstatic with just covering my debt payments every month. Let's just say I'm about 1/20th of the way there. (Wooooo.) Otherwise, 2013 will be a lot more writing and publishing. The first half is mostly REN'AI RENSAI releases with a spinoff occurring around spring. I also have a SPECIAL PROJECT coming out in January that I'm about halfway finished with.

I try to remain hopeful about the future, but recent fiscally related panic attacks are not helping. Still, here's to 2013 not sucking!

Any good resolutions out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! I always try to reply to comments, but I mostly do so in my blog here - so if you'd like to know of any replies I give you, be sure to subscribe to the post by email!