Sunday, October 19, 2014

One Year Closer To Death And More Taxes

Courtesy of SXC
Yesterday was my birthday. (Yes, it was lovely, thanks!) I turned the absolutely no1curr 27, which makes me happy because I quite like the number 27. (Plus I've been thinking I'm 27 for about six months now. Finally, I'm right!)

The reason I feel some great need to share this is NOT to get belated birthday wishes, but because I have a good feeling that this next year of my life will be pretty great. Considering some of the prizes I have to announce coming up soon (yes, soon!) I can't help but feel like some good things are going to happen!

Of course, I have a sinking feeling that certain terrible things may happen, but let's not think about that right now...

What I have been thinking about lately, however, is the image I had of my adult life as a child. What I mean is, when I was a child, I often imagined what my twenties would be like. Suffice to say, my twenties have not been anything like I imagined as a kid. Of course that's true for just about everybody, but for me in particular, it's been negatively different. For every decent thing that has happened these past seven years, three awful things have happened.

I don't say this for pity. In fact, I want the opposite, if I were to get anything. But it's weird to think of what I thought my twenties would be like and then actually experience most of them so far.

Out of the things I have accomplished so far, however, I am very proud for achieving my dream of being a full time writer and author. This is exactly what I've been wanting to do with my life. And now that I'm finally taking better control of my life, it can only get better! Or so I hope.

Naturally, though, I'm mostly glad I don't even care about my birthday anymore. Means if I have any crappy ones in the future, I won't care!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! I always try to reply to comments, but I mostly do so in my blog here - so if you'd like to know of any replies I give you, be sure to subscribe to the post by email!