Monday, October 4, 2010

Number Games: A Beginning in Fail

After recently declaring that I intended on finishing the manuscript for CROSS//Rebirth by November so I could purely work on the next installment and get its first 50k words in for NaNoWriMo...I'm kinda failing already.  Well, not totally. So far for October I've written 3322 words, but that still leaves me behind and blahblahblah.  At this point I'm not entirely sure I will be able to make it...and then what?  I am close enough to finishing this manuscript that it would not be worth doing Nano for just to immediately start the next one in the same month. At this point my goal is just to get as much as possible done, whether it's 30k or 50k or just the few remaining chapters I have scripted out.

 It also does not help that I had an author's revelation on the series-running plot last night.  I had one of those "HOLY CRAP WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS CHARACTER" moments and while totally  awesome, it will require doing a lot of rewriting in certain spots when I start to do revisions on the current manuscript.  Basically, what I'm getting at is...I have a lot to do, and not a lot of physical time to do it in.  I would love to do some notes and further planning for this new idea I've had, but with all the actual writing I've got to do it may be going back to a basic idea.

Just gotta focus, right? Riiiiiight.  Somebody pass me a Ritalin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! I always try to reply to comments, but I mostly do so in my blog here - so if you'd like to know of any replies I give you, be sure to subscribe to the post by email!